America

"Freedom and responsibility we speak of easily, nearly always without recognition of the iron courage required to make them effective in our lives." j. glenn gray

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ride Map Day 25: Troutville, VA to Lynchburg, VA

Well, I figured out how to avoid the climb over the Blue Ridge Mountains via either Blue Ridge Parkway at Buena Vista or Rockfish Gap at Waynesboro... Roanoke is situated at the Southern tip of the Blue Ridge so I'm going to cut around the bottom and head over to Lynchburg via Bedford. It's about 50 miles but then it will be a straight shot up to DC along 29... at least I hope so. I don't reckon traffic could be any worse than some that I have already experienced, at least until I get closer to DC.

I'm running a few days behind my schedule to arrive on 9-11 at Ground Zero. I wish I wouldn't have had to take that last rest day but, I really couldn't go on without having taken a day off. My morale is high and I am confident in my ability to complete this mission but for the time schedule. Being resourceful is an Army characteristics that will come in handy here. I need to find some folks who can ferry me up and across DC to make up some valuable time. Perhaps if I could get someone to contact any VFW's or American Legions etc and see if any of the guys that have pickup trucks would like to do a fire drill by ferrying me from station to station. It's hard to arrange these things in a timely manner while having to pedal throughout the day to make my daily destination... and by the time I get there it's late in the afternoon/evening and hard to establish contact with anybody. You can reach me at 281-734-1703 via text or call. I also get email on my PDA at jfcompton@verizon.net though I cannot send email from my PDA anymore for some unknown reason (that part quit working back in Louisiana). Thanks for the help!

Here is today's route map... Enjoy the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors